To our joy, several boxes of Ukrainian books were received recently from our supplier. They are largely publications from 2020 and 2021, so the 2022 full-scale invasion of the country by Russia is not yet reflected. That said, some of these new arrivals are of course books about the state of post-Soviet Ukrainian politics and history, Ukrainian-Russian relations, and the events of 2014 onwards. A selection of such titles, newly in the catalogue, is briefly described below.
- Do likti︠a︡ likotʹ : Narys istoriï Ukraïnsʹkoï narodnoï samooborony (1989-2019 rr.) / Vladyslav Myronchuk. (2021)
- A history of Ukrainian military readiness for self-defence.
- My znovu zdobuly derz︠h︡avnistʹ : spohady pershoho posla nezalez︠h︡noï Ukraïny v Rosiï / Volodymyr Kryz︠h︡anivsʹkyĭ, Literaturnyĭ zapys i upori︠a︡dkuvanni︠a︡ Ihori︠a︡ Stambola. (2021)
- The memoirs of the first ambassador of post-Soviet Ukraine to Russia.
- V izoli︠a︡t︠s︡iï : statti / Stanislav Asi︠e︡i︠e︡v. (2021)
- Articles by a former prisoner in the self-declared Donetsk People’s Republic
- 30 rokiv nezalez︠h︡nosti Ukraïny / Oleksandr Boy̆ko ; prodi︠u︡ser proi︠e︡ktu Danylo I︠A︡nevsʹkyy̆. (2021)
- A two-volume set marking Ukraine’s 30th anniversary as an independent post-Soviet state.
- war.ru / I︠U︡riĭ Rudenko. (2020)
- An exploration of Russia’s annexation of Crimea and their involvement in the long-standing war in Eastern Ukraine.
- Finally, two fictional works about post-independence Ukraine, by the writers Tymur and Olena Lytovchenko. Sadly both died of Covid in their 50s: Olena on 28 October 2021, her husband the next day.
- Knyha beznadiï, 1991-2004. (2021)
- Knyha novykh spodivanʹ, 2005-2014. (2020)
- These books are part of a series by the authors called 101 rik Ukraïny (101 years of Ukraine), which the second title above completed. We have thankfully got the full set: